This week's verse is found in Mark 10:21
Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Isn't it funny how God uses real life experiences to drive home points he's teaching us?
So today my computer's hard drive coughed a sputtered and finally breathed its last. (and I am now just beginning to process the implications for this turn of events)
What makes dealing with this fact more comical is that I had actually just been thinking this week about what it would really be like to literally get rid of everything, like my computer, recently purchased recording equipment, cellphone, excess clothes, guitar etc. and how 'theoretically freeing' that would be. (though after much thought I had concluded that I still need to be responsible and involved in the world - and a big part of that being connected I thought revolved around my oh so important need for a computer)
Well, now I get the opportunity/nay, the privelage to put theory into practice...
What I'll (hopefully) learn:
to read actual books
to hang out with people instead of using every spare minute to check the latest news or email
to work ahead (wont have the luxury of writing last minute papers)
to not worry about things outside of my control
...just to name a few
Well I hope that if you're reading this, you learned a little lesson.
Think about what you're most holding on to. What's got your attention? What's stealing your joy? And are you willing to give that up today?
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment